The leader in online travel bookings shares top affordable Spring Break destinations for U.S. travelers
Spring Break season is here and Americans will be taking off on trips throughout the U.S. and Caribbean in search of sprawling beaches, lively nightlife, and inspiring culture. For those still looking to book a trip, Booking.com has some insight.
Although Booking.com’s data shows that Spring Break (March 18th – April 30th) will be 2% more expensive than last year, there are a few popular destinations that stood out as being slightly less expensive throughout the six week travel period: Atlantic City (11% cheaper), New Orleans (8% cheaper), Miami Beach (4% cheaper) and Tampa (9% cheaper).
The following week-to-week recommendations highlight additional great savings for travelers, where they will discover a variety of accommodations to choose from – from hotels and B&Bs, apartments to vacation homes, and even more unique properties.
Week of March 18th – 24th
Week of March 25th – 31st
- Virginia Beach, Virginia: 19% cheaper
- Playa del Carmen, Mexico: 16% cheaper
- South Padre Island, Texas: 13% cheaper
Week of April 1st – 7th
- Santa Cruz, California: 31% cheaper
- Cancún, Mexico: 22% cheaper
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: 13% cheaper
- Santa Barbara, California: 12% cheaper
Week of April 8th – 14th
Week of April 15th – 21st
- Reno, Nevada: 58% cheaper
- Atlantic City, New Jersey: 45% cheaper
- New Orleans, Louisiana: 24% cheaper
- Corpus Christi, Texas: 23% cheaper
- Las Vegas, Nevada: 14% cheaper
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida: 13% cheaper
- Savannah, Georgia: 12% cheaper
Week of April 22nd – 28th
- San Antonio, Texas: 13% cheaper
And for those looking for the Spring Break destinations attracting the biggest crowds, Booking.com found the following cities to be this year’s trending cities, based on current bookings:
- Big Bear Lake, California
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Moab, Utah
- Newport, Rhode Island
- South Lake Tahoe, California
- Tulum, Mexico
No matter where travelers choose to go, Booking.com has the perfect accommodation to meet their preferences, size of their group and passion points.