W Las Vegas – the global lifestyle brand’s latest property opened its doors in Sin City this past December. This elevated hotel-within-a-hotel concept offers guests a distinctive experience beginning with arrival and check-in through the W’s signature Living Room lobby. Evoking a sense of Vegas glamour, the Living Room bar was inspired by casino gaming tables, while intimate seating nooks nod to the hotel’s original mid-century incarnation as the Sahara. Behind the bar, a neon art “desert garden” by artist Keith Lemley dramatically transforms the space from day to night.
Artfully curated design details abound through the hotel, including:
- An elevator lobby lined with playing cards from the original Sahara casino
- An art installation behind the front desk made from poker chips that were hand-signed by workers who built the hotel
- A Boardwalk-style fortune teller named Booker Glam who issues words of wisdom to curious guests
- Phillipe Starck-designed guestrooms that feature a cheeky interpretation of luxury hospitality, as well as the signature W bedding
- A 2,382-square foot Extreme WOW Suite designed by multi-talented artist Lenny Kravitz
W Las Vegas will celebrate its grand opening in March, along with new features like a WET Deck and the largest meeting space of any W hotel.